Cricket Wireless Review
Cricket Wireless offers flexible 4G mobile broadband Internet packages with unlimited data usage. However, value is low as speeds are unimpressive and prices are on the high end. Sign Up
Unlimited data usage:
Cricket Wireless offers four different mobile broadband Internet packages to choose from, one of which comes with unlimited data usage. If you spend a significant amount of time online, you don't want to have to worry about running into your data limit and being charged for overages or having your speed reduced. That's what makes Cricket Wireless' unlimited plan so great. You can use the Internet as much as you want for a single, flat rate and your speeds never slow down.
Pay As You Go Data:
Cricket Wireless allows users on their Light, Medium, and Heavy data plans to purchase additional full-speed data, if they wish. This is a nice alternative to have if you are interested in more data, but aren't ready to upgrade your plan. Data is purchased in 50 MB increments, making this a perfect solution for anyone who occasionally exceeds their data limit.
30-day money-back guarantee:
A 30-day money-back guarantee comes standard with any of Cricket Wireless' 4G mobile broadband plans. Most other companies in the industry only offer warranties of about two weeks, so the fact that Cricket Wireless lets you try out their service for a whole month before deciding if you want to keep it is a really nice bonus. If you are unsure whether Cricket Wireless is the right mobile broadband Internet provider for you, taking advantage of this money back guarantee can really help you figure that out.
Slow download and upload speeds:
Cricket Wireless offers a lot to like, but one thing you may not enjoy very much is their rather slow download rates. All of their plans max out at around 8 Mbps, though typical speeds could be even worse. Upload rates are similarly slow, with 500 Kbps being the highest speed they offer. This could be extremely frustrating for users because these speeds have a serious impact on the overall quality of the Internet service. If you use the Internet often, it may be wise to look into companies with faster download speeds.
Expensive for what you get:
When compared to other 4G mobile broadband providers, Cricket Wireless' pricing seems a little high, considering what you actually get. Their unlimited data plan is rather expensive, especially since the data speeds are much lower than what you find with other mobile broadband Internet providers. This isn't to say that Cricket Wireless couldn't still be a good fit for some, but it is important to look closely at what they are offering to make sure that it is what you want.
- Money-Back Guarantee - The Internet service provider offers some form of money back guarantee within an allotted time period.
- No Contract - You can get Internet service without signing any contract.
- No Long-Term Contract - You can get Internet service without signing a contract that is longer than one year.
- Short-Term Contract - You can get Internet service without signing a contract that is longer than six months.
- No Activation Fees - The Internet service provider doesn't charge any activation fees.
- No Early Termination Fees - The Internet service provider does not charge a termination fee if you cancel your contract early.
- No Price Increases - The Internet service provider does not automatically increase prices at certain time periods.
* Package details and pricing may vary according to location.