Cricket Wireless Review
Cricket Wireless offers flexible 4G mobile broadband Internet packages with unlimited data usage. However, speeds are unimpressive and prices are on the higher end. Sign Up
Unlimited data usage:
Cricket Wireless offers three mobile broadband Internet packages to choose from, all of which come with unlimited data usage. If you spend a significant amount of time online, you won't have to worry about running into your data limit and being charged for overages. Just keep in mind that after you reach your data cap, your speed will be reduced to 128 Kbps for the remainder of your monthly billing cycle.
Cricket Wireless allows users on all their data plans to purchase additional full-speed data. This is a nice alternative to have if you're interested in more data but aren't ready to upgrade your plan. You can add an extra 1GB as either a one-time or monthly purchase for $10, making this a perfect solution for people who occasionally exceed their data limit as well as heavy data users.
30-day money-back guarantee:
A 30-day money-back guarantee comes standard with any of Cricket Wireless' 4G mobile broadband plans. Most other companies in the industry only offer warranties of about two weeks, so the fact that Cricket Wireless lets you try out their service for a whole month before deciding if you want to keep it is a really nice bonus. If you are unsure whether Cricket Wireless is the right mobile broadband Internet provider for you, taking advantage of this money back guarantee can really help you figure that out.
Slow download and upload speeds:
Cricket Wireless offers a lot to like, but one thing you may not enjoy very much is their rather slow download rates. All of their plans max out at around 8 Mbps, though typical speeds could be even worse. Upload rates are similarly slow, with 500 Kbps being the highest speed they offer. This could be extremely frustrating for users because these speeds have a serious impact on the overall quality of the Internet service. If you use the Internet often, it may be wise to look into companies with faster download speeds.
Expensive for what you get:
Compared to other 4G mobile broadband providers, Cricket Wireless' pricing seems a little high considering what you actually get. Their plans are rather expensive, especially since the data speeds are much lower than what you find with other mobile broadband Internet providers. This isn't to say that Cricket Wireless couldn't still be a good fit for some, but look closely at what they're offering to make sure it's what you want.
- Money-Back Guarantee - The Internet service provider offers some form of money back guarantee within an allotted time period.
- No Contract - You can get Internet service without signing any contract.
- No Long-Term Contract - You can get Internet service without signing a contract that is longer than one year.
- Short-Term Contract - You can get Internet service without signing a contract that is longer than six months.
- No Activation Fees - The Internet service provider doesn't charge any activation fees.
- No Early Termination Fees - The Internet service provider does not charge a termination fee if you cancel your contract early.
- No Price Increases - The Internet service provider does not automatically increase prices at certain time periods.
* Package details and pricing may vary according to location.