CitiBusiness® ThankYou℠ Card Review
The CitiBusiness® ThankYou℠ Card is a well-rounded business rewards credit card. Keeping up with the rotating bonus point schedule may not appeal to some, but the absence of an annual fee makes the card a solid contender.
Multiple ways to earn bonus points
The CitiBusiness® ThankYou℠ Card offers three ThankYou℠ Points for every dollar spent on business-related purchases that rotate each quarter. For example, from January through March, you will be eligible to receive three points per dollar on purchases at office supply stores, advertising services, and other professional services. Each quarter, the three points per dollar bonus will be associated with different purchases. If you don’t like keeping track of which purchases result in bonus rewards, the ThankYou℠ Card may not be for you. However, those that like to earn bonus rewards on a variety of purchases will not be disappointed.
No annual membership fee
Many of the top business credit cards charge an annual fee for card ownership, with some reaching as high as $450. In most cases, the benefits of the card will outweigh the annual fee, but finding a solid rewards credit card with no annual fee and keeping a little extra money in your pocket is always a plus.
Earn an annual anniversary bonus
In addition to a sign-up bonus of 15,000 points after spending $3,000 in the first three months of card ownership, cardholders can expect an annual anniversary bonus. Based on the numbers of years you have owned the card, you are awarded a bonus that ranges from 1-3% of total points earned over the past year. This anniversary bonus is a nice incentive that will be appreciated by new and long-term cardholders.
Diverse point redemption options
Having access to quality point redemption options is a fundamental aspect of business rewards credit cards. CitiBusiness® ThankYou℠ Card holders will not be disappointed with the available point redemption options. Cardholders will be able to redeem points for business supplies, merchandise, cash back, travel, and more.
Fee for going over the credit limit
Many business credit cards allow flexibility when it comes to your credit limit and will not charge a fee for going over the limit. Unfortunately, the CitiBusiness® ThankYou℠ card does charge an over-limit fee of $39. For those times when cash flow is extra tight, this over-limit fee can be a nuisance.
Missing some insurance coverage options
Many of the top business credit cards include a variety of insurance coverage options with standard card ownership. The ThankYou℠ Card is no exception, offering car rental insurance, travel insurance, and an extended warranty on eligible purchases. However, the ThankYou℠ Card is missing flight insurance, lost luggage insurance, and roadside assistance. These coverage options may not be important to all cardholders, but for those that travel often, the additional coverage would be nice.
Rates and Fees
- Annual Fee: $0
- Balance must be paid in full each month: No
- Cash Advance Fee: $5 or 3% per cash advance
- Cash Advance Rate (APR): 21.99%
- Foreign Currency Transaction Fee: 3% per transaction
- Introductory Rate (APR): 0% for 6 months
- Standard Rate (APR): 13.24%* Variable
- Default Penalty Rate (APR): 29.99%
- Late Payment Fee: Up to $39
- Minimum Interest Charge: $0.50
- Over-Limit Fee: $39
- Returned Payment Fee: None
Balance Transfer Fees
- Balance Transfer Fee: $5 or 3% per transfer
- Introductory Balance Transfer Rate (APR): None
- Standard Balance Transfer Rate (APR): N/A
- Additional Rewards for Cell Phone Services: 3 ThankYou points per $1 (quarterly rotating business categories)
- Additional Rewards for Dining: 3 ThankYou points per $1 (quarterly rotating business categories)
- Additional Rewards for Gas: None
- Additional Rewards for Internet Services: 3 ThankYou points per $1 (quarterly rotating business categories)
- Additional Rewards for Office Supplies: None
- Additional Rewards for Other: None
- Additional Rewards for Travel: 3 ThankYou points per $1 (rotating quarters)
- Bonus Rewards: Anniversary bonus (1-3% of annual ThankYou points earned)
- Rewards Earnings for All Purchases: 1 ThankYou point per $1
- Sign-Up Bonus: 15,000 bonus ThankYou points after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months of cardmembership
- Type of Reward: Points