Ink Cash® Business Card Review
If you're looking for a business rewards card with no annual fee and respectable introductory rates, the Ink Cash® Business Card from Chase is a solid choice. The cash back rewards are extremely competitive, but unfortunately the bonus rates are limited to the first $25,000 per year.
No annual membership fee
The majority of business rewards cards require annual fees that can reach upwards of $175. Enrolling with a solid business credit card with no annual fee, like the Ink Cash® Business Card from Chase, can eliminate one more expense from your budget, and still allow you to accomplish the things you need to do.
Decent introductory bonus
The Ink Cash® Business Card allows you to earn $200 bonus cash back after you spend $3,000 in the first three months from account opening. Sign-up bonuses are fairly common with business credit cards, and they generally come with spending stipulations. If $3,000 in three months is realistic for you, the $200 in bonus cash will be a welcomed reward.
Low introductory rates
The Ink Cash® Business Card offers 0% APR for the first twelve months of card ownership. When it comes to business rewards cards, introductory rates like this are not that common. Taking advantage of the 0% APR can help you save money in the short term, even if it is only for twelve months.
Comprehensive additional benefits
Additional credit card benefits are often overlooked and underutilized by cardholders. The Ink Cash® Business Card includes benefits like lost luggage insurance, car rental insurance, travel insurance, emergency support, and several other resources that can be of great assistance to you and your organization. The best thing about these benefits is that all cardholders are eligible to receive them at no additional cost.
Competitive cash back rewards
The Ink Cash® Business Card offers some solid cash back rewards for important business expenses. You can get 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent annually at office supply stores and on cellular phone, landline, Internet, and cable TV services. Additionally, you can earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent annually at gas stations and restaurants and 1% cash back on all other card purchases with no limit to the amount you can earn.
Annual limits on rewards categories
One potential drawback of the Ink Cash® Business Card is the cap placed on bonus categories. The major cash back bonuses are both limited to $25,000 per year. These limits may not impact everyone, and after you hit the bonus limit, you will still be eligible for 1% cash back on these purchases, but if you estimate large annual spending in these categories, it may be in your best interest to look for an alternative card.
Fees on foreign currency transactions
The majority of business rewards cards apply a fee for foreign currency transactions. The fee associated with the Ink Cash® Business card is 3% per transaction, and there are other business cards that don’t charge this type of fee. If international travel is not on your radar, this likely won’t be an issue. However, for those that go abroad often, it’s definitely something to be aware of.
Rates and Fees
- Annual Fee: $0
- Balance must be paid in full each month: No
- Cash Advance Fee: $15 or 5% per cash advance
- Cash Advance Rate (APR): 19.24%
- Foreign Currency Transaction Fee: 3% per transaction
- Introductory Rate (APR): 0% for 6 months
- Standard Rate (APR): 13.24%* Variable
- Default Penalty Rate (APR): 29.99%
- Late Payment Fee: $15 to $39 depending on the balance
- Minimum Interest Charge: None
- Over-Limit Fee: None
- Returned Payment Fee: $39
Balance Transfer Fees
- Balance Transfer Fee: $5 or 3% per transfer
- Introductory Balance Transfer Rate (APR): 0% for 6 months
- Standard Balance Transfer Rate (APR): 13.24%* Variable
- Additional Rewards for Cell Phone Services: 5% cash back (on first $25,000 spent annually on office supplies, cell phone, landline, internet, and cable tv services)
- Additional Rewards for Dining: 2% cash back (first $25,000 spent annually at gas stations and restaurants)
- Additional Rewards for Gas: 2% cash back per $1 (on first $25,000 spent anually)
- Additional Rewards for Internet Services: 5% cash back (on first $25,000 spent annually on office supplies, cell phone, landline, internet, and cable tv services)
- Additional Rewards for Office Supplies: 5% cash back (on first $25,000 spent annually on office supplies, cell phone, landline, internet, and cable tv services)
- Additional Rewards for Other: None
- Additional Rewards for Travel: None
- Bonus Rewards: None
- Rewards Earnings for All Purchases: 1% cash back
- Sign-Up Bonus: $200 after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months
- Type of Reward: Cash Back