U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Cash Rewards Card Review
The U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Cash Rewards Card offers a respectable annual bonus and competitive cash back rates on business-related purchases. There is no annual fee, but those that travel often may find the benefits to be lacking.
Annual Cash Back Bonus
The U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards Visa® Card rewards you for being a loyal customer. Each year, you receive 25% of the previous year’s cash rewards up to $250 on the anniversary of your account membership. Because your rewards are unlimited, these extra little bonuses could potentially add up to something big.
Relevant Business Rewards
The U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards Visa® card provides 3% cash rewards on purchases made at office supply stores, on gas, and on mobile phone bills. In addition, similar to most business rewards cards, you will receive 1% cash back on all other purchases. With cash back bonus rewards targeted at business-specific charges, accumulating cash back can be easy with this card.
No Annual Fee
The U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards Visa® card does not charge an annual fee, unless you fail to make a single purchase throughout the year. The annual fees associated with many business rewards cards can be expensive, so finding a card with no fee is always a bonus for those looking to keep fixed costs low.
$25 Disbursement Limitation
Although the U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards Visa® card offers several business-related cash back bonus rates, you can only get disbursements in $25 increments. The disbursement options associated with the majority of other top business credit cards are much more versatile and allow you more flexibility in how you receive your bonus cash.
Foreign Transaction Fees
The U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards Visa® card charges 2% for each foreign purchase transaction in U.S. currency (including ATM transactions), and 3% for each foreign purchase transaction in a foreign currency (including ATM transactions). For those that predict international travel will be a regular event, it may be wise to shop around for a business credit card with no foreign currency transaction fees.
Limited Travel Benefits
Travel benefits can be an important part of a business-related credit card. Many competitor business rewards credit cards offer a variety of travel benefits that include access to VIP lounges in airports, travel insurance, and lost luggage insurance, among others. U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards Visa® cardholders should be aware that this card does not offer these perks.
Rates and Fees
- Annual Fee: $0
- Balance must be paid in full each month: No
- Cash Advance Fee: $10 or 4% per cash advance
- Cash Advance Rate (APR): 20.99%
- Foreign Currency Transaction Fee: 2% per transaction
- Introductory Rate (APR): 0% for 9 billing cycles
- Standard Rate (APR): 12.49% - 18.49%* (Variable)
- Default Penalty Rate (APR): 28.99%
- Late Payment Fee: $19 to $39 depending on the balance
- Minimum Interest Charge: $2
- Over-Limit Fee: Up to $39
- Returned Payment Fee: Up to $35
Balance Transfer Fees
- Balance Transfer Fee: $5 or 3% per transfer in application, $5 or 4% per transfer afterwards
- Introductory Balance Transfer Rate (APR): N/A
- Standard Balance Transfer Rate (APR): 11.99% - 17.99%* (Variable)
- Additional Rewards for Cell Phone Services: 3% cash back
- Additional Rewards for Dining: None
- Additional Rewards for Gas: 3% cash back
- Additional Rewards for Internet Services: None
- Additional Rewards for Office Supplies: 3% cash back
- Additional Rewards for Other: None
- Additional Rewards for Travel: None
- Bonus Rewards: 25% of prior year's cash rewards up to $250
- Rewards Earnings for All Purchases: 1% cash back
- Sign-Up Bonus: None
- Type of Reward: Cash Back