Charter Communications Review
Charter Communications offers lightning-fast download speeds and even provides you with a free modem, but they don't offer many Internet plans to choose from. Sign Up
100 Mbps speeds:
If fast download rates are the most important thing to you in an Internet service provider, then Charter's Ultra100 plan can work great for you. Even if you don't require fast Internet, the fact that Charter offers speeds this fast is impressive because they aren't one of the largest providers in the country.
Charter includes a free modem with every one of their Internet plans. This is a great deal that few other cable Internet providers offer and it could save you a lot of money. It is pretty common in the industry for companies to charge equipment lease fees for the modem they provide, and though it may only be a few dollars a month, the cost adds up quickly.
Variety of bundling packages:
Charter offers multiple two- and three-service bundles to choose from. If you don't like any of their most popular bundles, you can always create your own. You can choose your cable Internet package and add in TV and phone service if you like. Options like these make it easy to get exactly what you are looking for at a good price. If Charter is available in your area, it's likely to be your default choice for Internet and TV unless you want satellite television service.
Only two plans to choose from:
Charter Communications only offers two cable Internet plans for consumers to choose from. This is a far cry from the four to six that most companies in the industry offer. Though both of Charter's plans have a lot to appreciate, more choices would make it easier to find a plan that has everything you want without having to pay for extra that you don't need.
Multiple long-term price increases:
Prices for cable Internet advertised on Charter's websites only last for 12 months. These prices then increase, and they go up again after two years of service. After the second price increase, the prices finally remain stable. If you're the type of person who likes to lock in one price for a long period of time, these price increases can get frustrating and they are often unexpected.
Expensive activation fee:
Charter's Ultra100 plan is one of the better cable Internet plans out there, but it does come with a pretty high activation fee. It is only a one-time fee, and you do get a lot with this plan, but knowing that other providers don't charge an activation fee might bother some people. If fast Internet is your top priority, it's still worth it, but don't be surprised by a high initial bill when you start your service.
- Money-Back Guarantee - The Internet service provider offers some form of money back guarantee within an allotted time period.
- No Contract - You can get Internet service without signing any contract.
- No Long-Term Contract - You can get Internet service without signing a contract that is longer than one year.
- Short-Term Contract - You can get Internet service without signing a contract that is longer than six months.
- No Activation Fees - The Internet service provider doesn't charge any activation fees.
- No Early Termination Fees - The Internet service provider does not charge a termination fee if you cancel your contract early.
- No Price Increases - The Internet service provider does not automatically increase prices at certain time periods.
Charter Internet Plus
Price: $29.99 - $54.99/month
Price: $89.99 - $114.99/month
* Package details and pricing may vary according to location.