Comcast XFINITY Review
Comcast XFINITY is the largest cable Internet provider in the country, offering high Internet speeds that are great for individuals or households who are always online. Sign Up
Plans offer download speeds surpassing 100 Mbps:
Few cable Internet providers can match the speeds of XFINITY. As the name implies, their Extreme 105 package has download speeds up to 105 Mpbs, which is some of the fastest consumer Internet service available. XFINITY is a very good option for anyone who enjoys gaming or watching videos online as well as people who work from home and require a very fast connection for business. Comcast XFINITY offers many other packages below the Extreme 105 that are sufficient for just about any Internet user.
Bundle your services:
XFINITY's Double and Triple Play packages are a great way to save money while still getting access to some really excellent services. Their Triple Play plans combine their cable Internet with TV and phone service, and their Double Play packages cover just TV and Internet. Getting all these services in one place is not only a good way to save money, but it can also make things much more convenient for you because you only deal with a single company.
Fast upload speeds:
XFINITY's upload speeds are just as impressive as their download speeds, with their best package offering 20 Mbps. Of course, this number is less important because, on average, people do much more downloading than uploading. Still, if you find yourself frequently posting videos online or uploading other major content, it may be wise to choose an Internet provider like Comcast XFINITY that provides higher upload rates.
Prices go up after six months:
Unfortunately, XFINITY doesn't guarantee that their prices remain the same over time, and the prices for all of their cable Internet plans increase after six months. Although this is not unusual in the industry, locking in a price for a year would feel much better, especially for renters who generally lease apartments for one year. So if you are interested in a cable Internet provider with pretty stable pricing, it is probably best to cross XFINITY off your list.
Leasing equipment can get expensive:
XFINITY charges their customers for leasing the modem required for their cable Internet service. This is fairly common among Internet service providers, but XFINITY charges slightly more than their competitors. For most people, this shouldn't be much of an issue, and more of a necessity. It probably wouldn't deter you from going with Comcast XFINITY, but it might make sense to make an investment in your own Comcast-approved modem if you are going to be with the company long-term.
- Money-Back Guarantee - The Internet service provider offers some form of money back guarantee within an allotted time period.
- No Contract - You can get Internet service without signing any contract.
- No Long-Term Contract - You can get Internet service without signing a contract that is longer than one year.
- Short-Term Contract - You can get Internet service without signing a contract that is longer than six months.
- No Activation Fees - The Internet service provider doesn't charge any activation fees.
- No Early Termination Fees - The Internet service provider does not charge a termination fee if you cancel your contract early.
- No Price Increases - The Internet service provider does not automatically increase prices at certain time periods.
Price: $29.99/month (6 months)
* Package details and pricing may vary according to location.