Mediacom offers affordable Internet packages and some of the fastest download speeds available, though service is limited to just over 20 states. Sign Up
Fantastic download speeds:
Mediacom's speeds alone make their cable Internet service extremely desirable, since high speeds are one of the biggest contributing factors to a great overall online experience. Households with multiple computers, tablets, and smartphones all connected to the Internet can benefit greatly from the 105 Mbps download speeds you can get from Mediacom.
Five plans available:
With five cable Internet packages to choose from, it should be easy to find one that has the speeds you desire while still remaining in your budget. Mediacom's Launch plan has appeal for those whose Internet needs are simpler, and the Ultra Plus plan should please even the heaviest of Internet users. This type of variety isn't found in every cable Internet company, and helps to make Mediacom a good fit for just about everyone.
Great money-back guarantee:
Mediacom has one of the best money-back guarantees of any cable Internet provider, allowing customers to try their services for 90 days before making a decision. This is extremely useful since the industry standard guarantee of 30 days may not be enough time for you to determine if Mediacom is the Internet service provider for you. Having an extra two months to make that decision can give you plenty of insight into the quality of service you're receiving.
Slow upload speeds on some plans:
Though Mediacom does offer up to 10 Mbps with certain plans, their upload speeds are a bit slow. Mediacom's Launch package doesn't even offer 1 Mbps and even their Prime Plus plan only provides 2 Mbps for upload speeds. Depending on how you use your Internet, this may not be a huge concern, but there are several other Internet service providers out there with much faster upload speeds.
Can't install the system yourself:
Mediacom requires a professional installation for their services, which could be a little frustrating if you would prefer to install it yourself right away instead of having to make an appointment and wait for a technician. As far as complaints go, this is a relatively small one and it shouldn't be too problematic for most people. In fact, you might want may to have your system installed by a professional so this point may not bother you at all.
- Money-Back Guarantee - The Internet service provider offers some form of money back guarantee within an allotted time period.
- No Contract - You can get Internet service without signing any contract.
- No Long-Term Contract - You can get Internet service without signing a contract that is longer than one year.
- Short-Term Contract - You can get Internet service without signing a contract that is longer than six months.
- No Activation Fees - The Internet service provider doesn't charge any activation fees.
- No Early Termination Fees - The Internet service provider does not charge a termination fee if you cancel your contract early.
- No Price Increases - The Internet service provider does not automatically increase prices at certain time periods.
* Package details and pricing may vary according to location.