Campaign Monitor Review
Campaign Monitor has a lot to offer customers who want full creative control over their campaign designs at an affordable price. However, those looking for easy template options and immediate access to technical assistance may be better off looking at other companies.
Campaign Monitor’s Template Builder tool ensures your messages are easily readable on a mobile device to minimize missed opportunities caused by poorly displayed emails. As you build a new email design, Template Builder automatically inserts optimizations for mobile devices so your design looks great whether it’s viewed on a desktop computer or a smartphone. You can even see snapshots of how your email will appear on a mobile device as you’re developing it. With smartphones and tablets becoming more common, offering this feature is a great move on Campaign Monitor’s part.
Screenshot of all major email clients
Because no two email clients display messages exactly the same way, Campaign Monitor offers their Inbox Preview tool, which generates actual screenshots of your email design in more than 20 of the most popular email clients, including Outlook, Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, and many others. If your email design is too wide, for example, some email clients might display your carefully designed graphics over the top of important text. Inbox Preview helps you identify these kinds of problems in just a few minutes, enabling you to perfect your email design before you send out your campaign. If you use prebuilt email templates, you can be pretty confident that your campaigns will display properly in all the major email clients but, if you plan to create your own emails from scratch, Campaign Monitor’s Inbox Preview tool offers a big advantage.
Great template builder tool
Campaign Monitor’s Template Builder tool is a powerful resource that gives you full control over every aspect of email design. You begin with one of several basic templates to get you going, including a simple open-layout design, a basic two-column newsletter design, and a three-column version for content-heavy newsletters. You can also start with a gallery template if you need to create an image-heavy email to show off a product line. Once you’ve chosen a basic template, you can then modify virtually every aspect of it to suit your needs, from the color scheme to the layout of your text, logos, and images. Once you have your layout in place, simply save the template to your account for future use. Although prebuilt email templates are great time-savers, if you want to put your own creativity into your campaign, this tool really makes it easy.
No phone support
Although Campaign Monitor does provide pretty thorough online user guides and FAQs to help you learn their software — in addition to a user forum for trading ideas with other customers — your options are somewhat limited when it comes to getting in contact with a company representative. You can send them a message through their support form on their website and live chat is available within the application. However, if you’d like to speak to someone by phone, this is not an option.
Send limits on campaigns
Campaign Monitor’s basic monthly package is $9 per month for 500 contacts, which is a fairly common entry-level package. However, this $9 entry-level price only enables you to send 2,500 emails per month, taking a big bite out of the value of the plan. There are multiple companies out there that also offer a $9 basic plan, but these competitor plans include unlimited emails and campaigns. To get unlimited emails with Campaign Monitor for 500 contacts, your monthly fee jumps all the way up to $29. However, this plan is still an excellent value if you don’t need to send out that many emails each month.
- 100,000+ subscribers: Starting at $599/month
- 10,001 - 25,000 subscribers: $89 - $199
- 1 - 10,000 subscribers: $9 - $89
- 25,001 - 50,000 subscribers: $199 - $299
- 50,001 - 100,000 subscribers: $299 - $599
- Send Limits: 5 times subscriber amount
- 100,000+ subscribers: Starting at $7,188
- 10,001 - 25,000 subscribers: $1,068 - $2,388
- 1 - 10,000 subscribers: $108 - $1,068
- 25,001 - 50,000 subscribers: $2,388 - $3,588
- 50,001 - 100,000 subscribers: $3,588 - $7,188
- Send Limits: 5 times subscriber amount
- $9: Up to 500 subscribers
- $29: Up to 2,500 subscribers
- $49: Up to 5,000 subscribers
- $89: Up to 10,000 subscribers
- $129: Up to 15,000 subscribers
- $199: Up to 25,000 subscribers
- $299: Up to 50,000 subscribers
- $499: Up to 75,000 subscribers
- $599: Up to 100,000 subscribers
- $108: Up to 500 subscribers
- $348: Up to 2,500 subscribers
- $588: Up to 5,000 subscribers
- $1,068: Up to 10,000 subscribers
- $1,548: Up to 15,000 subscribers
- $2,388: Up to 25,000 subscribers
- $3,588: Up to 50,000 subscribers
- $5,988: Up to 75,000 subscribers
- $7,188: Up to 100,000 subscribers
Campaign Monitor offers a variety of high-volume plans that range from 100,000 – 3,000,000+ subscribers. Visit Campaign Monitor’s website for more pricing information.