Our Top Picks
Choosing the Best LSAT Prep Course
While all the LSAT prep courses we've reviewed give students a thorough understanding of all aspects of the exam, some companies go above and beyond in certain areas. These standout test prep providers are highlighted in the lists below.
The 4 Best LSAT Practice Test Providers
The 3 Best LSAT Tutoring Services
The 3 Best Online LSAT Prep Courses
What LSAT Prep Course Features Matter and Why?
LSAT Course Delivery lists the different course formats offered by the test prep provider. Many students will be interested in a classroom course located at a nearby on-site location. This type of program usually isn't an option for individuals who live in rural areas, however, so a live online course will be the next best option. Students are able to view their instructor's lesson through a webcam and virtual whiteboard and interact with them through live chat. Those interested in cheap LSAT prep courses should keep an eye out for on-demand courses, which contain streaming video lessons covering important concepts that appear frequently on the test. This is an important category because a variety of course formats means a program is more accessible to a wider range of students.
- Live Online - You can take LSAT test preparation courses through live streaming video online.
- On-Site - You can take LSAT test preparation courses at on-site locations.
- Streaming Video - LSAT prep courses are available through prerecorded online videos.
LSAT Practice describes the different resources the company provides to help students practice the concepts they've been studying. Practice tests are the most common resource, and all the major companies incorporate several of these into their programs. Following completion of these exams, students also receive feedback to help highlight their strengths and weaknesses. The best LSAT courses also give students access to all of the previously administered exams that have been released by the Law School Admissions Council. This amounts to over 7,000 practice questions, which should be more than any single person needs. LSAT Practice is another very important category because these resources are useful tools for helping students gauge where they're at and where they could use some improvement.
- Free Online Practice Test - The company provides access to a free online practice test.
- Free Proctored Practice Test - The company provides access to a free proctored test at an on-site location.
- Full-Length Practice Tests - The company provides full-length practice tests.
- Practice Question Bank - The company provides access to a test bank of practice questions.
- Practice Test Reports - The company provides feedback after completing practice tests to identify areas of improvement.
Learning Materials refers to the online resources the test prep provider offers to help students learn more about the LSAT exam and practice the concepts they've been studying in class. The most important of these materials are the course books the company provides, but blogs and FAQs can also be sources of valuable information. Less common learning materials include interactive games and a forum where students are able to get answers to any questions they have. While all of this information is undoubtedly useful, it's not a central component of an LSAT prep course, so it probably won't play a major role in most people's decisions.
- Blog - The company publishes a blog that discusses content relevant to the LSAT.
- Books - The company provides books/workbooks to help you prepare for the LSAT.
- FAQs - The company provides a list of answers to LSAT-related frequently asked questions.
- Flash Cards - The company provides flash cards featuring LSAT material.
- Forum - The company provides an interactive forum where users can post questions and answers.
- Interactive Games - The company provides online interactive games to help you learn the material.
LSAT Custom Instruction explains the options available to students who are interested in more individualized LSAT instruction. Live online and in-person tutoring sessions enable individuals to get the one-on-one attention they need, and some of the best LSAT prep course providers also offer tutoring over the phone, which is a more cost-effective way to get personalized help. Tutors design a customized study plan for each student to help them strengthen their weak areas and produce the best results on the exam. For individuals who only struggle with one particular section of the LSAT, there are a few companies that offer subject refreshers that focus strictly on this area of the exam, and one of these might be a better fit than a more traditional course. This category is going to be of utmost importance to students who are interested in a highly personalized approach to LSAT prep.
- Custom Study Strategy - The company provides a custom study strategy or study schedule.
- Online Tutoring - You can receive LSAT tutoring online via webcam.
- On-Site Tutoring - You can receive LSAT tutoring at an on-site location.
- Subject Refresher - The company offers instruction that focuses on a specific portion of the LSAT.
Student Support discusses the different ways individuals are able to reach out to their instructor or tutor for assistance, as well as any guarantees offered by the test prep company. It's common for students to contact their instructors via email when class is not in session, and some tutors may offer their phone numbers as a means of communication as well. Online students interact with their instructors and classmates primarily through a live-chat tool built in to the virtual classroom. As far as guarantees go, some companies stand behind their products by offering a refund or the option to retake an LSAT prep course to students who don't see improvement after taking the course the first time. These features tell a lot about the way the course is taught and how confident the company is in the quality of the instruction they provide, so it's definitely something to keep in mind when searching for the best LSAT prep course.
- Email - You can reach your instructor or tutor via email for assistance.
- Free-Study Guarantee - The company allows you to retake classes for free if you do not receive a higher LSAT test score.
- Live Chat - You can reach your instructor or tutor via live chat for assistance.
- Money-Back Guarantee - The company offers a money-back guarantee if you do not receive a higher LSAT test score.
- Phone - You can contact your instructor or tutor by phone.
- Social Media - You can contact the company with questions through social media.
Admissions Prep describes the additional services the LSAT prep course provider offers to help students get into law school. These services aren't all that common in the industry, but can be found with a few of the top LSAT prep courses. Application assistance helps students understand what law schools are looking for and polish their personal statements and other application components. Admissions seminars are another option to learn more about how the admissions process works, and mock interviews are great practice for the real thing. However, most people searching for LSAT prep courses won't be interested in these types of services, so this category shouldn't be a big factor for most people.
- Admissions Seminars - The company holds events or seminars to discuss the admissions process and strengthen your candidacy.
- Application Assistance - The company provides guidance and input to help improve your application.
- Mock Interviews - The company provides mock interviews to help prepare you for admissions interviews.