Best Cheap Online Fax Services
Which companies offer the best faxing for the lowest price?
Choosing the best cheap online fax service comes down to more than a low price.
You also need to consider how many faxes you need to send and the tools your organization values most. For example, if you have large contact lists, it's best to choose a service that makes it easy to import this data.
Keeping this criteria in mind, we put together this list of the best cheap online fax services.
Our top picks for the cheapest online fax services
After scouring through the different online fax service providers, we came up with a list of three that stood out above the competition.
- Unlimited plan – RingCentral's unlimited plan is a cost-effective option for high-volume faxers.
- Advanced faxing service – RingCentral boasts more tools and integrations than the other faxing services on this list.
- Variety of plans – RingCentral has plans to suit frequent and infrequent faxers alike.
- Price w/ contract $7.99 - $49.99
- Extra per-page cost $0.04 - $0.06
- Fax pages 500 - Unlimited
- Competitively priced – Nextiva offers some of the lowest rates of any online fax service.
- Cheap per-page fee – Nextiva only charges $0.03 per page if you go over your monthly fax limit.
- Scalable plans for all types of users – Choose the plan that best fits your organization's faxing needs.
- Price w/ contract $4.95 - $29.95
- Extra per-page cost $0.03
- Fax pages 500 - 3,000
- Low per-page cost – You're only charged $0.03 per page if you exceed your limit for the month.
- Discount for paying annually – Save nearly 20% on your faxing plan when you pay annually.
- Rich feature set – MetroFax offers a user-friendly interface, advanced fax management tools, mobile faxing and more.
- Price w/ contract $6.63 - $29.96
- Extra per-page cost $0.03
- Fax pages 500 - 2,500
What to look for to find a cheap online fax service
The monthly cost of an online fax service can vary from less than $5 per month to over $50, depending on the company and the number of faxes included. There are additional per-page charges if you exceed your monthly limit, so it's important to choose a plan that includes enough faxes. Some companies also charge setup fees, though this isn't the case with the services listed here.
If you plan on sticking with the online fax service for a while, it's worth signing an annual contract because you usually earn additional savings. Nextiva offers the lowest rates of any company on this list, so they're the best choice if your top concern is the price. However, Nextiva is missing features compared to RingCentral and MetroFax, so take this into consideration.
The number of faxes you send per month is the main factor in the overall cost of the service. Most companies offer small plans, with 500 faxes per month, for those who don't fax often and larger plans for frequent faxers.
Access to a variety of plans is best because you can choose an amount that fulfills your needs without being charged for extra you won't use. RingCentral Fax stands out as the only company on this list to offer an unlimited plan, so they're the best choice if you need to send a high volume of faxes.
For those interested in a basic fax service, any company on this list will do. However, if there are specific features you need, your options may be more limited. Do your research and figure out what tools you can't live without and then find the services that offer these. For example, if you're always on the go, strong mobile tools are important.
Large contact lists make easy importing capabilities a must, and integration with Microsoft Office or Google Drive is a plus if you frequently use these tools. Nextiva's feature set isn't as rich as RingCentral's or MetroFax's, so even though they offer the lowest prices, they rank slightly behind the other two.