University of Tennessee - Martin Review
The University of Tennessee at Martin offers an online MBA program customized specifically for mid- to senior-level banking and financial service professionals. Online courses are taken one at a time during the 20-month, cohort-based program.
Designed for banking and financial services professionals
The online MBA program at the University of Tennessee-Martin (UT-Martin) helps advance the careers of those who hold such positions as loan officer, human resource specialist, accountant, auditor, broker, financial or securities analyst, and information systems specialist. Because the degree is specifically tailored for this particular industry, this notably unique MBA is a prime choice for bankers or financial service professionals.
UT-Martin is one of the few schools that offer an online MBA program in a cohort-based, lockstep format, which means you complete classes with the same group of students from beginning to end. The course order is pre-designed by the school and each course is taken one at a time over a 20-month period. This type of program is great for fostering close connections with your peers and expanding your professional and personal networks.
All undergraduate degree types are accepted
Although the online MBA program at UT-Martin is designed for banking and financial service professionals, the school encourages qualified individuals to apply regardless of their undergraduate field of study. While many other online MBA programs require extensive prerequisites for applicants, you can avoid those time-consuming courses at UT-Martin if you demonstrate sufficient industry work experience.
Cheap application fee
UT-Martin’s application fee is $30, which is especially beneficial for students applying to multiple schools simultaneously. Considering other top online MBA programs charge application fees as high as $90, UT-Martin’s comparatively lower fee does its small part in alleviating the financial burden for applicants.
No campus visits required
While all top online MBA programs provide lectures and course materials online, many programs require on-campus visits for tests, presentations, or other assignments. UT-Martin’s program is completely online, so students can avoid the costs and time commitments associated with occasional campus trips.
Must have two years' minimum professional experience
Some students may appreciate this admissions specification so they can connect with like-minded colleagues who bring knowledge and experience from past employment. However, if you cannot demonstrate sufficient work experience, your chances of admittance into the program are slim.
One start date per year
The program’s lockstep format allows for just one possible start date for new students. Although there are numerous benefits to this program model, the fact that you are limited to only one entry point per year may not be appealing if you’re looking to get started on your MBA as soon as possible.
- Academic Year Founded: 2009-2010
- Application Deadline: Rolling
- Application Fee: $30
- Location: TN
- Region: Southeast
- School Type: Public
- Term Schedule: Semester
Tuition Rates (per Credit)
- In-State: $451
- Out-of-State: $497
- Program Cost: $25,811 - $41,022
- Acceptance Rate: 35%
- Average GMAT Score: 516
- Average Student Age: 33 Years
- Average Undergraduate GPA: 3.58
- Average Work Experience: N/A
- Gender Ratio: 31.4% female, 68.6% male
- Maximum Class Size: 21
- Total Enrollment: 51
- Average Online Teaching Experience: 7 Years
- Full-Time Instructional Faculty: 10
- Part-Time Instructional Faculty: 0
Graduation and Retention Rates
- 1 Year New Student Retention Rate (2009): N/A
- 1 Year New Student Retention Rate (2010): 93%
- 1 Year New Student Retention Rate (2011): 100%
- 1 Year New Student Retention Rate (2013): 100%
- Graduation Rate Within 3 Years (2009-2010): N/A
- Graduation Rate Within 3 Years (2010-2011): N/A
- Graduation Rate Within 3 Years (2011-2012):N/A
- Graduation Rate Within 3 Years (2012-2013): N/A
U.S. News Rankings
- Admissions Selectivity Rank: 86
- Admissions Selectivity Score: 53/100
- Faculty Credentials and Training Rank: 24
- Faculty Credentials and Training Score: 88/100
- Peer Reputation Mean Score (1-5): 2.3
- Student Engagement Rank: 17
- Student Engagement Score: 89/100
- Student Services and Technology Rank: 183
- Student Services and Technology Score: 29/100