Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® Card Review
The Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® card offers an instant free bonus when you sign up, a companion fare each year, and plenty of opportunities to rack up miles rewards. With several big airline partners, you also won't be limited to specific flight locations. Apply Here
Free bonus miles instantly:
Unlike most other rewards credit cards, when you sign up for the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® card, you immediately receive a 25,000-mile signup bonus. Most cards don't release the bonus until you spend a certain amount of money within a given time period, so this is a great perk. The 25,000 miles is enough for a round-trip flight on Alaska Airlines in the continental U.S., Alaska, or Canada.
High mileage rewards for airfare purchases:
The Alaska Airlines card offers three miles for every dollar spent on Alaska Airlines tickets or vacation packages in addition to the standard one mile per dollar spent on everything else.
Earn more points at partner hotels and restaurants:
Your rewards-earning potential extends beyond airfare and Alaskan vacation packages. You can also earn up to five miles per dollar at partner hotels and restaurants with Mileage Plan Dining.
Receive one companion fare each year:
Every Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® cardholder will receive a companion fare that starts at around $100 each year. The airfare is a $99 base fare plus taxes and fees, which start at $11, depending on the flight you choose.
Book with partners:
A major, but often overlooked benefit of the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® card is that Alaska Airlines has a number of airline partners that you can earn miles with. With a number of foreign and domestic partners, you should be able to find flights where you can still earn rewards, and with American Airlines and Delta flights, you can book flights using your Alaska Airlines miles.
No early boarding or free bags:
If you have the Alaska Airlines card, don't expect any special treatment when you board or check-in for your flight. The card won't get you any early boarding privileges like some of the other airline credit cards, and you will have to pay for any bags you want to check.
No in-flight spending bonus:
A few of the other popular airline credit cards offer bonuses for using their credit cards during a flight, which is not the case for the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® card. Of course, you will still earn the one mile per dollar spent, but it would be nice to receive some additional miles for showing your loyalty with in-flight purchases.
- Additional 2:1 Rewards Categories - The credit card offers 2:1 rewards or more for at least one additional purchase category - like dining, travel, gas, groceries, shopping, or other.
- No Blackout Dates - There are no blackout travel dates for your points, miles, or cash back rewards.
- No Expiration - Your rewards points, miles, or cash back rewards will never expire.
- Offers Companion Reward - The airline credit card offers a companion airfare reward.
- Sign-Up Bonus - The credit card offers a sign-up bonus reward.
- Unlimited Rewards - You can accumulate an unlimited amount of points, miles, or cash back rewards with your credit card.
- 2:1 Rewards or More - The credit card offers 2 Points, 2% Cash Back, or 2 Miles or more for every dollar spent.
- Bonus Points Offered - The credit card offers bonus points you can earn throughout the year.