Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® Card Review
The Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® card offers an instant free bonus when you sign up, a companion fare each year, and plenty of opportunities to rack up miles rewards. With several big airline partners, you also won't be limited to specific flight locations.
Free bonus miles instantly
Unlike most other rewards credit cards, when you sign up for the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® card, you immediately receive a 25,000-mile signup bonus. Most cards don't release the bonus until you spend a certain amount of money within a given time period, so this is a great perk. The 25,000 miles is enough for a round-trip flight on Alaska Airlines in the continental U.S., Alaska, or Canada.
High mileage rewards for airfare purchases
The Alaska Airlines card offers three miles for every dollar spent on Alaska Airlines tickets or vacation packages in addition to the standard one mile per dollar spent on everything else. You also earn three miles for every dollar spent on all in-flight purchases.
Earn more points at partner hotels and restaurants
Your rewards-earning potential extends beyond airfare and Alaskan vacation packages. You can also earn up to five miles per dollar at partner hotels and restaurants with Mileage Plan Dining.
Receive one companion fare each year
Every Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® cardholder will receive a companion fare that starts at around $100 each year. The airfare is a $99 base fare plus taxes and fees, which start at $22, depending on the flight you choose.
Book with partners
A major, but often overlooked benefit of the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® card is that Alaska Airlines has a number of airline partners that you can earn miles with. With a number of foreign and domestic partners, you should be able to find flights where you can still earn rewards. In addition, with select partner airlines, including American Airlines and Delta, you can book flights using your Alaska Airlines miles.
No early boarding
If you have the Alaska Airlines card, you won't get you any early boarding privileges like some of the other airline credit cards. However, this isn't a dealbreaker for most and this card still offers plenty of perks to make it worth considering for frequent travelers.
Rates and Fees
- Annual Fee: $75
- Cash Advance Fee: $10 or 3% per cash advance
- Cash Advance Rate (APR): 17.24% - 24.99%
- Foreign Currency Transaction Fee: 3% per transaction
- Introductory Rate (APR): None
- Standard Rate (APR): 14.24%
- Default Penalty Rate (APR): Up to 29.99%
- Late Payment Fee: Up to $35
- Minimum Interest Charge: $1.50
- Over-Limit Fee: None
- Returned Payment Fee: Up to $25
- Introductory Balance Transfer Rate (APR): None
- Standard Balance Transfer Fee: $10 or 3% per transfer
- Standard Balance Transfer Rate (APR): 14.24%
- Additional Rewards for Dining: None
- Additional Rewards for Gas: None
- Additional Rewards for Groceries: None
- Additional Rewards for Shopping: None
- Additional Rewards for Travel: None
- Bonus Points Offered: None
- Rewards Earnings for All Purchases: 1 mile per $1
- Sign-Up Bonus: 25,000 miles upon approval
- Type of Reward: Miles