Barclaycard Arrival™ World Mastercard® Review
With solid rewards-earning potential on travel and dining purchases and a signup bonus, the Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® is one of the top all-around travel credit cards. Your rewards are earned in the form of miles, but redeeming miles is not limited to airfare alone so this card works for any traveler.
Earn double miles on travel and dining
The Barclaycard is an excellent all-around rewards card because you can earn 2X miles on travel and dining purchases, 1X miles on all other purchases, and no mileage caps or foreign transaction fees. This card might not offer the eye-catching rewards of other cards, but earning double miles on travel and dining is a very broad way to collect rewards.
Bonus miles for signing up
When you sign up for the Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard®, you earn 20,000 bonus miles when you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days – that’s enough to redeem for a $200 travel statement credit.
Use your miles for travel and more
While this card offers rewards in the form of miles, you can redeem those miles just like points. Book the travel you want – airfare, hotels, cruises and more and earn miles on your purchase. There are also no foreign transaction fees on anything you buy while in another country.
0% intro APR for 12 months on balance transfers
The Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® card offers 0% intro APR on balance transfers for the first 12 months, if completed within the first forty-five days of account opening. After that you can expect a 16.24%, 20.24% or 24.24%, based upon your creditworthiness. Some of the other best travel credit cards don’t offer an introductory APR so this is a nice feature.
The Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® provides complimentary online FICO® Score access for Barclaycard Arrival cardmembers. All you have to do is opt-in to have instant and convenient access to FICO® Scores from your account.
Missing a few benefits
The Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® card isn’t missing much, but if you take a deeper look, you will find that the card doesn’t offer an extended warranty on purchases. Additionally, if you’re the type of person who appreciates exclusive events, you will also be missing out with this card as the World MasterCard® doesn’t provide the same type of access to events like the Chase Sapphire or Visa Signature® cards.
Rates and Fees
- Annual Fee: $0
- Cash Advance Fee: $10 or 5% per cash advance
- Cash Advance Rate (APR): 25.49%
- Foreign Currency Transaction Fee: None
- Introductory Rate (APR): N/A
- Standard Rate (APR): 16.24%, 20.24% or 24.24%
- Late Payment Fee: Up to $37
- Minimum Interest Charge: If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less then $0.50
- Over-Limit Fee: None
- Returned Payment Fee: Up to $37
- Introductory Balance Transfer Rate (APR): 0% introductory APR for 12 months for each balance transfer made within 45 days
- Standard Balance Transfer Fee: $5 or 3% per transfer
- Standard Balance Transfer Rate (APR): 16.24%, 20.24% or 24.24%
- Additional Rewards for Dining: 2X miles
- Additional Rewards for Gas: None
- Additional Rewards for Groceries: None
- Additional Rewards for Shopping: None
- Additional Rewards for Travel: 2X miles
- Bonus Points Offered: Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem
- Rewards Earnings for All Purchases: 1X miles
- Sign-Up Bonus: 20,000 bonus miles when you make $1,000 or more in purchases in the first 90 days
- Type of Reward: Miles