Capital One® Venture℠ Rewards Credit Card Review
The Capital One® Venture℠ RewardsCard is one of the best all-around travel rewards credit cards because you can earn double miles on every purchase. However, some people who make consistent purchases in specific categories might find the rewards to be lackluster compared to the more specialized rewards cards. Apply Here
Double miles and no restrictions:
The most advertised feature of theCapital One® Venture℠ Rewards Card is that you can earn two miles for every dollar you spend. The good news is there are no spending limits or restrictions. No matter what you buy, you will earn double miles.
Earn bonus miles:
If you sign up for the card, you can earn 10,000 miles once you spend $1,000 in the first three months. That 10,000 miles is good for $100 towards your next flight. While the bonus might not be as significant as other cards, it's still a nice addition.
Visa Signature benefits:
Any Capital One® Venture℠ Rewardscardholder will also receive all the benefits of the Visa Signature line of credit cards. Some of the benefits range from exclusive event access to 24/7 live service, concierge service, and extended warranties on purchases.
Purchase Eraser feature:
With Capital One®'s Purchase Eraser feature, you can make travel costs disappear from a trip that you book by redeeming your miles within 90 days. Basically, the cost of the trip is completely removed from your statement if you redeem miles for the amount of the trip.
The Capital One® Venture℠ RewardsCard does charge an annual fee of $59. Compared to the similar VentureOne℠ Rewards Card from Capital One®, this card offers more miles per dollars spent, so the additional fee isn't that costly when you consider the VentureOne℠ card, which has no annual fee, only earns you 1.25 miles per dollar spent.
Lower rewards-earning potential:
Compared to other rewards credit cards that offer higher points in specific categories or specialized hotel and airline credit cards, the Capital One® Venture℠ Rewardscard falls short by only offering two miles per dollar spent. This is not a major negative since you can earn double miles on any purchase you make, but for someone who uses the same companies or airlines, or makes specialized purchases, there are likely better rewards cards out there.
- Additional 2:1 Rewards Categories - The credit card offers 2:1 rewards or more for at least one additional purchase category - like dining, travel, gas, groceries, shopping, or other.
- Bonus Points Offered - The credit card offers bonus points you can earn throughout the year.
- No Blackout Dates - There are no blackout travel dates for your points, miles, or cash back rewards.
- No Expiration - Your rewards points, miles, or cash back rewards will never expire.
- Sign-Up Bonus - The credit card offers a sign-up bonus reward.
- Unlimited Rewards - You can accumulate an unlimited amount of points, miles, or cash back rewards with your credit card.
- 2:1 Rewards or More - The credit card offers 2 Points, 2% Cash Back, or 2 Miles or more for every dollar spent.
- Offers Companion Reward - The airline credit card offers a companion airfare reward.