Capital One® VentureOne℠ Rewards Card Review
The Capital One® VentureOne℠ Rewards Card offers 1.25 miles per dollar on all purchases. There are fewer ways to earn bonus miles on purchases when compared with other cards, but with no annual membership fee, the VentureOne℠ card is a competitive travel rewards credit card.
No annual membership fee
The Capital One® VentureOne℠ Rewards Card is one of the top travel rewards credit cards that does not charge an annual fee. Recommended for those with excellent credit, the card offers a variety of solid travel-related benefits. If you’re looking for a great card and have kept your credit in good shape, the VentureOne℠ card is a solid choice.
Slightly higher standard rewards earning rate
In the rewards credit card industry, one point or mile per dollar spent is the standard rewards earning rate. With the VentureOne℠ Rewards card, you’ll receive 1.25 miles per dollar spent. This may not sound like much, but over time that additional quarter mile on every dollar can take you a long way.
Sign-up bonus easy to earn
When you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first three months of card ownership, you will receive a one-time bonus of 10,000 miles. Although there are travel rewards credit cards out there that offer larger bonuses, some require you to spend several thousand dollars in order to be eligible. WIth the VentureOne℠ card, those that use the card with any regularity, should not have a problem getting the 10,000-mile bonus.
No foreign transaction fees
The Capital One® VentureOne℠ Rewards Card does not charge a foreign currency transaction fee. For those that travel internationally often or live overseas for part of the year, foreign currency transactions can get very expensive. If you regularly deal with foreign currency exchanges, the VentureOne℠ card is a great option.
Few ways to earn bonus rewards on purchases
Some of the top travel rewards credit cards will allow you to earn bonus points on dining, gas, groceries, and other purchases. These bonus rewards on common purchases allow you to accumulate rewards more quickly. Although the standard rate of 1.25 miles per dollar is slightly higher than many travel rewards cards, the Capital One® VentureOne℠ Rewards Card does not provide opportunities for bonus rewards on other purchases.
No flight insurance
For those that travel often, flight insurance can be a great benefit. Some of the top travel rewards cards include flight insurance, but unfortunately, the VentureOne℠ Rewards Card does not. If flight insurance is an important feature to you, it may be best to shop around for an alternative card.
Rates and Fees
- Annual Fee: $59 ($0 first year)
- Cash Advance Fee: $10 or 3% per cash advance
- Cash Advance Rate (APR): 24.9%
- Foreign Currency Transaction Fee: None
- Introductory Rate (APR): None
- Standard Rate (APR): 13.9% - 20.9%
- Default Penalty Rate (APR): 29.4%
- Late Payment Fee: Up to $35
- Minimum Interest Charge: $0.50
- Over-Limit Fee: None
- Returned Payment Fee: Up to $35
- Introductory Balance Transfer Rate (APR): None
- Standard Balance Transfer Fee: $10 or 3% per transfer
- Standard Balance Transfer Rate (APR): 13.9% - 20.9%
- Additional Rewards for Dining: None
- Additional Rewards for Gas: None
- Additional Rewards for Groceries: None
- Additional Rewards for Shopping: None
- Additional Rewards for Travel: None
- Bonus Points Offered: None
- Rewards Earnings for All Purchases: 2 miles per $1
- Sign-Up Bonus: 10,000 miles after spending $1,000 within first 3 months
- Type of Reward: Miles