Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Visa Signature® Card Review
Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Visa Signature®cardholders can take advantage of generous and diverse point offerings, no annual fees, and the benefits of a Visa Signature® card. For travelers that regularly stay in Hilton Worldwide Portfolio hotels, the HHonors™ card is a dream. Apply Here
Large bonus for Hilton hotels:
The Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Visa Signature® Card is the best way to earn bonus points at Hilton Hotels. Cardholders will earn an amazing six points per dollar spent at hotels in the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio. This portfolio consists of several luxury, full-service and focused-service hotel chains. If you find yourself on the road often and prefer hotels associated with the Hilton family, you'll find your bonus points will pile up quickly.
Great introductory bonus:
The Hilton HHonors™ card will reward cardholders with 40,000 points if you spend $1,000 in the first four months of card ownership. Introductory bonuses are fairly common with travel rewards credit cards, but when compared to other competitor cards, the large number of bonus points, low spending requirements, and relatively long time allotted to meet the conditions make the Hilton HHonors™ bonus particularly attractive.
Diverse ways to earn points:
In addition to the high number of bonus points associated with staying at Hilton hotels, the Hilton HHonors™ card offers competitive bonuses connected with other purchases. Cardholders will appreciate earning three points for every dollar spent at supermarkets, drugstores, and gas stations, and two points per dollar on every other purchase. Some rewards cards limit the ways you can earn bonus points to very specific products. With the HHonors™ credit card, your earning options are much more diverse.
No annual fee:
With all of the bonus rewards options offered by the HHonors™ card, a high annual fee could probably be justified, but one of the great features of the Hilton HHonors™ credit card is that there is no annual fee. If you're looking for a travel credit card with competitive rewards and no annual fee, the HHonors™ card will be a strong candidate.
Visa Signature® benefits:
Holders of the Hilton HHonors™ card are eligible to receive all the additional benefits associated with the Visa Signature® card. These far-reaching benefits include things like roadside assistance, lost luggage insurance, travel insurance, fraud protection, emergency assistance, and more.
Relatively limited redemption options:
Although the Hilton HHonors™ card does offer great travel-related redemption benefits like hotels, airfare, and car rentals, when compared with other travel rewards cards, the redemption options fall a bit short. Some competitor cards offer more comprehensive rewards that include travel, as well as things like cash back and gift cards.
Foreign currency transaction fee:
For a rewards card that promotes travel, you might be surprised to find fees associated with foreign currency transactions. The HHonors™ card does come with a 3% transaction fee on all foreign currency transactions. Although this may not be a deal-breaker, it is definitely something to consider if you find yourself traveling internationally on a regular basis.
- Offers Companion Reward - The airline credit card offers a companion airfare reward.
- 2:1 Rewards or More - The credit card offers 2 Points, 2% Cash Back, or 2 Miles or more for every dollar spent.
- Additional 2:1 Rewards Categories - The credit card offers 2:1 rewards or more for at least one additional purchase category - like dining, travel, gas, groceries, shopping, or other.
- No Blackout Dates - There are no blackout travel dates for your points, miles, or cash back rewards.
- No Expiration - Your rewards points, miles, or cash back rewards will never expire.
- Sign-Up Bonus - The credit card offers a sign-up bonus reward.
- Unlimited Rewards - You can accumulate an unlimited amount of points, miles, or cash back rewards with your credit card.
- Bonus Points Offered - The credit card offers bonus points you can earn throughout the year.