Gold Delta SkyMiles® Card from American Express Review
The Gold Delta SkyMiles® Card from American Express offers great Delta benefits and a competitive sign-up bonus. The annual membership may deter some, but if Delta is your preferred airline, the card is a great option.
Multiple Delta rewards
With the Gold Delta Skymiles® Card, you’ll earn two miles on Delta purchases and one mile for all other eligible dollars spent. You’ll also be able to check your first bag free on every Delta flight – that’s a savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four. In addition, you can enjoy Premium TravelPerks, like the ability to settle in sooner with Priority Boarding. If Delta is your preferred airlines, the Gold Delta Skymiles® Card is a great reward credit card option.
The majority of business rewards credit cards offer a sign-up bonus to new cardholders. The Gold Delta Skymiles® Card offers 10,000 bonus miles after making your first purchase on the Card.
No over-limit fee
Many of the top business rewards cards charge a fee if you go over your credit limit. This is not something that Gold Delta Skymiles® cardholders will have to worry about, as the card does not charge an over-limit fee.
Annual membership fee
The Gold Delta Skymiles® Card has a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95 each year after. Many of the top rewards travel cards charge an annual fee, but the $95 is on the higher side. The great thing about the card is that you have a full year to test it out and see if it’s the right fit before the membership fee kicks in.
Rates and Fees
- Annual Fee: $95 ($0 first year)
- Cash Advance Fee: $5 or 3% per cash advance
- Cash Advance Rate (APR): 25.24%
- Foreign Currency Transaction Fee: None
- Introductory Rate (APR): None
- Standard Rate (APR): 15.2% - 19.2%
- Default Penalty Rate (APR): 27.24%
- Late Payment Fee: Up to $38
- Minimum Interest Charge: None
- Over-Limit Fee: None
- Returned Payment Fee: Up to $38
- Introductory Balance Transfer Rate (APR): None
- Standard Balance Transfer Fee: $5 or 3% per transfer
- Standard Balance Transfer Rate (APR): 15.24%, 17.24% or 19.24%
- Additional Rewards for Dining: None
- Additional Rewards for Gas: None
- Additional Rewards for Groceries: None
- Additional Rewards for Shopping: None
- Additional Rewards for Travel: 2 miles per $1
- Bonus Points Offered: None
- Rewards Earnings for All Purchases: 1 mile per $1
- Sign-Up Bonus: 10,000 bonus miles after making your first purchase on the card
- Type of Reward: Airline