Visa® Black Card™ Review
The Visa® Black Card™ is positioned as an elite, prestige rewards card offering a competitive sign-up bonus, great travel benefits, and access to an exclusive 24/7 concierge service. The $495 annual fee may seem steep, but depending on your spending habits and preferences, the Black Card™ may be just what you're looking for. Apply Here
24/7 concierge service and great benefits:
The Visa® Black Card™ includes a strong set of additional benefits. Features like roadside assistance, travel insurance, car rental insurance, and emergency services are complemented well with access to a 24/7 Black Card™ concierge program. Through the concierge, members can receive assistance with entertainment planning, travel, business services, gift arrangement, specialty services, and more.
Unlimited VIP airport lounge visits:
If you travel often, you will appreciate unlimited access to VIP airport lounges as part of the Visa® Black Card™ membership experience. This benefit will grant you access to more than 350 VIP airport lounges in more than 200 cities across the globe.
Competitive sign-up bonus:
With the Visa® Black Card™, if you spend $1,500 within the first three months of card ownership, you will receive a bonus of 25,000 points. Many of the top rewards credit cards provide a bonus if new cardholders spend a certain amount in a specified time; however, in some of these cases the amount you need to spend is high or the allotted time to spend is limited. This offer from the Visa® Black Card™ is one of the more competitive bonus proposals.
Bonus for airline redemption:
One unique perk of the Visa® Black Card™ is the bonus for airline redemption. When you redeem your points for airfare through the rewards program, you receive 2% value instead of 1%. This may not sound like a major difference, but it can actually result in fairly significant savings and enable you to get more from your points.
Trip delay reimbursement:
An additional travel benefit offered by the Visa® Black Card™ is trip delay reimbursement. If your trip is delayed by more than 12 hours by a covered event, the Visa® Black Card™ will reimburse you up to $300 per ticket on expenses like meals and hotels. Knowing you can be reimbursed for these expenses will help minimize the impact of long delays.
Attractive balance transfer rate:
The Visa® Black Card™ offers an introductory balance transfer rate of 0% for fifteen months. Not all rewards cards offer introductory transfer rates, and very few competitor cards offer a full fifteen months interest-free. If you're looking to avoid interest and transfer an existing balance, the Black Card™ could be a good choice.
High annual fee:
Although the Black Card™ does seem to have an aura of exclusivity surrounding it, the program operates pretty much like most rewards credit cards. However, the Black Card™ has a $495 annual fee, which is significantly higher than any other rewards card membership fee. Each additional card added to the account also requires a $195 annual fee. Like any rewards card, the things that you value and your purchasing behaviors will determine if the credit card is worth it.
- Offers Companion Reward - The airline credit card offers a companion airfare reward.
- No Blackout Dates - There are no blackout travel dates for your points, miles, or cash back rewards.
- Sign-Up Bonus - The credit card offers a sign-up bonus reward.
- Unlimited Rewards - You can accumulate an unlimited amount of points, miles, or cash back rewards with your credit card.
- 2:1 Rewards or More - The credit card offers 2 Points, 2% Cash Back, or 2 Miles or more for every dollar spent.
- Additional 2:1 Rewards Categories - The credit card offers 2:1 rewards or more for at least one additional purchase category - like dining, travel, gas, groceries, shopping, or other.
- Bonus Points Offered - The credit card offers bonus points you can earn throughout the year.
- No Expiration - Your rewards points, miles, or cash back rewards will never expire.