Record up to four shows at once:
Most cable companies provide DVRs that are only capable of recording two shows at once. For many households, this will be plenty. But for viewers that have a lot of favorite shows, having a DVR that is capable of recording more can be a huge benefit. U-verse® allows customers to choose from a number of DVR options, with the higher-end U-verse® DVR being able to simultaneously record up to four shows at once. With plenty of hard drive space, you'll be able to record 233 hours of standard definition television, and up to 85 hours of high definition. If you're serious about staying up to date with your favorite shows, the U-verse® DVR can definitely help.
Huge channel selection:
AT&T U-verse® offers customers a number of different TV packages to choose from. These packages offer a variety of local, sports, kids and family, lifestyle, and entertainment channels. U-verse® also has a solid offering of premium channels and movie channels, as well as access to pay-per-view events. With up to 440 channels available (180+ in HD), everyone in the family is certain to find channels they enjoy. All channels won't be available in every region, so be sure to check with U-verse® representatives for specific offerings in your area.
Fiber optic network brings clear picture and fast internet speeds:
AT&T U-verse® is one of very few cable TV providers that utilizes a fiber optic network. Understanding the technical specifications of fiber optics may not be high on your priority list, but the important thing to take away is that this technology has the ability to deliver a less distorted signal, and consequently, you can expect a high-quality picture. If you're looking to bundle TV and Internet, you'll also appreciate the Internet speeds that accompany fiber optic networks. If you're lucky enough to live in an area where fiber optic networks are available, AT&T U-verse® is definitely worth looking into.
Competitive basic package pricing:
Not everyone is interested in getting every possible channel and the highest quality DVR. One benefit of U-verse® is the relatively cheap entry-level package starting at $14.95 per month for 12 months when you bundle with Internet. If you're looking for cable only, you can get a respectable package for $29 per month for six months. Although the high end U-verse® packages can get pricey, these entry-level options are competitive. If you're looking for a low cost, entry-level TV plan, AT&T U-verse® may be a good choice, but be sure to check with AT&T U-verse® for local pricing.
One of the major drawbacks to AT&T U-verse® is the limited availability. Even though U-verse® is currently available in just over 20 states, relative to standard cable and satellite, access to fiber optic networks is limited. There are multiple companies out there making a push for fiber optic networks, so availability will most likely increase over the next several years. In the meantime, if you're determined to get TV services through AT&T and U-verse® isn't an option, you can take advantage of their partnership with DirecTV.
Prices increase after six months:
The majority of cable companies offer an introductory price for a limited time that is lower than the standard monthly rate. With AT&T U-verse®, the introductory pricing rate typically expires after six months. Even though this practice is fairly common in the industry, some TV providers this introductory rate will extend for nine months, or even a full year. This isn't going to be a make-or-break item for most people, but getting a few extra months at a lower rate is always appreciated.
- Educational - The company offers educational channels like the History Channel, National Geographic, Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, and others.
- Entertainment - The company offers entertainment channels like MTV, VH1, CMT, BET, E! Entertainment, Comedy Central, and others.
- International Programming - The company offers foreign-language programming.
- Kids and Family - The company offers channels for kids and family like the Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and others.
- League Passes - The company offers access to league passes like NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice, MLS Direct Kick, MLB Strike Zone, and others.
- Lifestyle - The company offers lifestyle channels like BIO, Bravo, The Food Network, HGTV, OWN, and others.
- Local - The company offers local channels like ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, FOX, and others.
- Movie - The companys offers movie channels like Encore, The Movie Channel, EPIX, and others.
- Music - The company offers channels that play music.
- News - The company offers news channels like CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, The Weather Channel, C-SPAN, and others.
- Premium - The company offers premium channels like HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, and Starz.
- Spanish Programming - The company offers programming available in Spanish.
- Specialty Sports - The company offers specialty sports channels like the NFL Network, NBA TV, MLB Network, NHL Network, and others.
- Standard Sports - The company offers standard sports channels like the ESPN family of networks, the Golf Channel, regional sports, FUEL TV, Fox Sports, and others.
- NFL Sunday Ticket - The company offers the NFL Sunday Ticket.
Total Channels: Over 140
Total Channels: Over 300
Total Channels: Over 350
Total Channels: Over 390
Total Channels: Over 470
* Package detail and pricing may vary according to location.