Gold Delta Skymiles® Business Credit Card from American Express Review
The Gold Delta Skymiles® Business Credit Card provides multiple types of insurance coverage and great Delta travel benefits. Compared to other business credit cards, bonus mile earning options are limited, but the card will definitely be valued by those that fly Delta often.
Easy to qualify for sign-up bonus
Many of the top business credit cards offer a sign-up bonus, but in some cases, in order to be eligible, you have to spend several thousand dollars in the first few months of card ownership. With the Gold Delta Skymiles® Business Credit Card, you’ll earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first three months of Cardmembership. In addition, you can also earn a $50 statement of credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first three months.
Access to multiple Delta benefits
The Gold Delta Skymiles® Business Credit Card provides access to a variety of Delta benefits. For example, you can check your first bag for free and save up to $50 on a round-trip Delta flight. Other benefits include Priority Boarding, the ability to book last minute with no blackout dates, 20% In-Flight Savings in the form of a statement credit on eligible purchases, and more. If you regularly fly Delta, the Skymiles® Business Credit Card will be a great asset.
Bonus points for Delta purchases
With the Gold Delta Skymiles® Business Credit Card from American Express, you’ll earn two miles for each dollar spent on qualifying Delta purchases and one mile for each dollar spent on other eligible purchases. If Delta is your airline of choice, the double miles can definitely add up quickly. And with a $0 introductory annual fee for the the first year (then $95), you’ll have plenty of time to earn points without having to worry about the annual fee.
Solid insurance coverage included with the card
The Gold Delta Skymiles® Business card includes a variety of insurance coverage options. Those that travel often will appreciate baggage insurance, travel accident insurance, and car rental insurance. The card also comes with extended warranty coverage and purchase protection, two great coverage options that can help protect your business purchases.
Diverse miles redemption options
A business credit card rewards program is only as valuable as the redemption options. With the Gold Delta Skymiles® Business Credit Card, not only will you be able to redeem your miles for Delta travel, you can also redeem for hotel stays, gift cards, and other merchandise. These diverse redemption options make it easy for you to make the most of your rewards miles.
Limited ways to earn bonus miles
Many of the top business rewards credit cards allow cardholders to earn bonus rewards through dining, gas, Internet, and office supplies, in addition to one mile/point per dollar spent everywhere else. The Gold Delta Skymiles® Business Credit Card offers two miles for each dollar spent on qualifying Delta purchases and one mile for each dollar spent on other eligible purchases. Those who fly Delta often will definitely appreciate the bonus, but it may be worth looking into an alternative card if you’re interested in bonus rewards on gas, dining, and office supply purchases.
Annual membership fee
Annual membership fees for card ownership are fairly common with business rewards credit cards. The Gold Delta Skymiles® cardholders has a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95 for each subsequent year. For those with a keen eye on keeping costs down, there are multiple business rewards credit available that do not charge an annual fee.
Rates and Fees
- Annual Fee: $95 ($0 first year)
- Balance must be paid in full each month: No
- Cash Advance Fee: $5 or 3% per cash advance
- Cash Advance Rate (APR): 25.74%
- Foreign Currency Transaction Fee: None
- Introductory Rate (APR): None
- Standard Rate (APR): 15.74% - 19.74%* Variable
- Default Penalty Rate (APR): 29.74%
- Late Payment Fee: Up to $38
- Minimum Interest Charge: None
- Over-Limit Fee: None
- Returned Payment Fee: $38
Balance Transfer Fees
- Balance Transfer Fee: N/A
- Introductory Balance Transfer Rate (APR): N/A
- Standard Balance Transfer Rate (APR): N/A
- Additional Rewards for Cell Phone Services: None
- Additional Rewards for Dining: None
- Additional Rewards for Gas: None
- Additional Rewards for Internet Services: None
- Additional Rewards for Office Supplies: None
- Additional Rewards for Other: None
- Additional Rewards for Travel: 2 miles per $1 on Delta purchases
- Bonus Rewards: None
- Rewards Earnings for All Purchases: 1 mile per $1
- Sign-Up Bonus: 30,000 bonus miles toward Award Travel when you spend $1,000 on the Card in the first 3 months from account opening
- Type of Reward: Miles