We recommend products and services based on unbiased research from our editorial team. We make money via affiliate links, which means if you click a link on our site, we may earn a commission. Any commissions we receive do not affect our recommendations; if you want to know more about how that works, read more.
Amazon Home Warranty is a BBB-accredited home warranty company with an A+ rating, and for good reason. They cover a huge amount of appliances and systems, offer an almost exhaustive list of optional add-ons, and are extremely well-reviewed online.
Here’s everything you should take away from Amazon Home Warranty.
Amazon Home Warranty Overview
- Plan types: Appliance Plan, System Plan, and Combo Plan
- Pricing: Varies by region; not listed
- Service fees: Standard service fee is $75
- Workmanship guarantee: Not stated
- Contract length:1 year
- BBB rating (Letter): A+
- Home inspection required? No
- States served: Nationwide
- Available appliance and system coverage: Central AC System, Central Heating System, Plumbing, Electrical System, Hot Water Heater, Ductwork, Jetted Bathtub, Garage Door Opener, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Clothes Dryer, Stand Alone Freezer, Trash Compactor, Oven, Clothes Washer, Microwave, Instant Hot Water Dispenser, Garbage Disposal, Attic Fan, Ceiling Fan, Bathroom Exhaust Fan, Door Bell, Kitchen Fan/ Exhaust Hood. Optional add-ons: Pool and Span, Additional Central Heating, Lawn Sprinkler System, Septic System, Whole House Humidifier, Freezer (stand alone), Sump Pump, Limited Roof Leak, Ice-Maker, Washer/Dryer (extra), Additional Central AC, Central Vac, Well Pump, Wine Refrigerator, Septic Tank Pumping, Additional Fridge, Water Softener, Hot Water Heater (extra), Extra Oven
|Plan Type||Appliances Plan||Systems Plan||Combo Plan|
|Appliances Covered||Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Clothes Dryer, Stand Alone Freezer, Trash Compactor, Oven, Clothes Washer, Microwave||N/A||Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Clothes Dryer, Stand Alone Freezer, Trash Compactor, Oven, Clothes Washer, Microwave, Instant Hot Water Dispenser, Garbage Disposal, Attic Fan, Ceiling Fan, Bathroom Exhaust Fan, Door Bell, Kitchen Fan/ Exhaust Hood|
|Systems Covered||N/A||Central AC System, Central Heating System, Plumbing, Electrical System, Hot Water Heater, Ductwork, Jetted Bathtub, Garage Door Opener||Central AC System, Central Heating System, Plumbing, Electrical System, Hot Water Heater, Ductwork, Jetted Bathtub, Garage Door Opener|
Who is this best for?
Amazon Home Warranty is great for both new homeowners and longtime homeowners. Amazon’s accessible home warranty with 24/7 support provides peace of mind for both urban and rural homeowners.
- Huge network of providers: Amazon Home Warranty currently has over 40,000 in-network service providers across the nation
- Free first month: Your first month is always free with Amazon.
- 24/7 Support: You can contact Amazon any time, day or night, to set up an appointment with a contractor
- Industry trust: Amazon is used by homeowners, buyers, sellers, realtors, and even contractors
- Prices are unlisted: To get a quote, you need to contact Amazon Home Warranty directly.
- 30 day wait: Coverage does not start until 30 days after application has been accepted.
|Amazon Home Warranty||Cinch||American Residential Warranty||AFC Home Club|
|States served||Nationwide||Nationwide||All states except California, Florida, Iowa, Texas, Virginia and Washington||All states except California, South Carolina, and Hawaii|
|Service fee||$75||$0||Not stated||Not stated|
|Workmanship guarantee||Not stated||Yes— 180 days||Not stated||All repairs guaranteed for the life of the plan.|
|Other|| • Multiple discounts and promo codes available for new members|
•Thousands of 5 star online reviews
• Seen on ABC News, Fox News, NBC, USA Today, CNN, Yahoo Finance, and Google News Lab
| • Free $25 credit for filters|
•Coverage can also include doors, knobs and drawers
• Each member gets a free under the counter leak sensor
| • 2 months free on certain annual plans|
•Advertises promo codes throughout the year
•Consumer Affairs Accredited
| • Membership includes free credit monitoring and identity protection|
• Part discounts through Encompass
•Discounted rates through ADT
*All information accurate as of 2/9/2020.
Amazon Home Warranty compared to Cinch
At first glance, Amazon Home Warranty and Cinch appear to be at a statistical dead tie. Cinch narrowly beats Amazon when it comes to online reviews. At the moment, Cinch has a 4.1 average customer review whereas Amazon has a 4.01 average review. However, when it comes to the Better Business Bureau — Amazon is clearly superior. Cinch only has a B+, but Amazon Home Warranty has an A+.
Members also save money with Amazon because they get the first month free. Cinch does offer various freebies (such as a free leak sensor and a gift card for appliance filters), but it doesn’t offer the first month free.
About the only cause for concern is the workmanship guarantee. Though Amazon Home Warranty doesn’t state a workmanship guarantee on its website, this by no means means it doesn’t have one. When contacting Amazon, it is suggested that applicants specifically ask a customer service representative for clarification on this front.
Amazon Home Warranty compared to American Residential Warranty
Compared to American Residential Warranty, Amazon wins on a number of fronts. First and foremost, it beats American Residential in terms of coverage. Currently American Residential does not serve California, South Carolina, and Hawaii, whereas Amazon Home Warranty is nationwide without exception.
Secondly, American Residential Warranty isn’t as upfront with its costs as Amazon Home Warranty. Specifically, Amazon states that most members can expect to pay a $75 service fee whenever a contractor needs to visit his or her home. American Residential on the other hand only indicates that service fees vary based on plans and location.
Lastly, Amazon Home Warranty has much stronger online reviews. With an average of 4.01 out of 5, it’s clear that Amazon members approve of it more so than American Residential Warranty members, who currently only give their provider an average of 3.8 out of 5.
The Bottom Line
Amazon Home Warranty offers three affordable plans and a host of optional add-ons for your home’s protection. With an A+ BBB Accredited Business rating, numerous promotions and discounts, and 365 around the clock support, it’s clear Amazon Home Warranty should have your attention while comparing other home warranty providers.