Liberty Home Guard has affordable warranty options for appliances and services for homeowners.
Liberty Home Guard warranty is one of the highest-rated companies in the U.S. According to the Better Business Bureau it receives 4.63 out of 5 stars on customer reviews. Liberty Home Guard tries to cater to all homeowners looking for home warranty protection policies. The company offers a Home Warranty Learning Center for its customers and a comprehensive website. Other than that, we like the fact that the plans are customizable and offer sign-up bonuses. Check out our LIberty Home Guard review to learn more about its offerings.
Liberty Home Guard Overview
- Plan types: Appliance Guard, Systems Guard, Total Home Guard
- Pricing: Starting at $1.00 per day
- Service fees: Not disclosed
- BBB Rating: A-
- Workmanship guarantee: 60-day guarantee
- Contract length: Month-to-month
- Home inspection required? No
- States served: 41
| || || || |
Who is Liberty Home Guard Best For?
Liberty Home Guard home warranty is a smart choice if you are a new home buyer. Usually, home inspectors only check to see if appliances and systems work, but don’t do any comprehensive testing. Because of this, new homeowners often find more problems with a house the longer they live in it.
Because Liberty protects any systems or appliances regardless of age, Liberty is also good for current homeowners.
- Affordable pricing models: Pay what your budget can afford by choosing plans month-to-month, one full year, or even multiple years at once.
- Customizable plans: With three available plans and additional add-ons available, customers can create a plan that fits their needs.
- No required home inspection: It doesn’t matter how old your home’s systems or appliances are, liberty home guard will protect them without requiring a home inspection.
- 60-day workmanship guaranteed: No matter what work you get done, it’s protected for 60 days. This means that if it fails, Liberty will send someone else out to fix it at no additional charge.
- Cancel any time: If you decide you want to move on, you can cancel your home’s coverage at any time without penalty.
- Not available in all 50 states: Residents of California, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Oregon, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming can’t use Liberty Home Guard.
- Coverage limitations: Some high-end appliances or systems may have a cost cap on the amount of work that can be done.
*All information accurate as of 10/16/2020.
Liberty Home Guard Compared to Cinch
Though Liberty Home Guard doesn’t serve as many states as Cinch, it does have better consumer ratings. Liberty Home Guard allows you to customize your monthly plan and runs sign-up deals for new customers. On the other hand, Cinch does offer a more extended workmanship guarantee (180 days compared to 60 days) and incentives like a free water sensor to detect leaks. Cinch also made it to our list of best home warranty companies.
On the other hand, neither Liberty Home or Cinch openly discuss service fees because prices vary by location and plans. To get an exact cost of both, potential customers have to call and request more information.
Liberty Home Guard Compared to 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty
Liberty Home Guard covers fewer states than 2-10, however, the latter has lower customer satisfaction on the Better Business Bureau. 4.63 out of 5 points, while 2-10 sits at 1.56 points. Liberty Home Guard also offers customizable plans with options to cover only appliances or home systems, or a combination of the two with additional coverages available. 2-10 also offers three plans but doesn’t have as many optional coverages.
Another disadvantage of 2-10 is that the company limits new construction homes. Though the company may offer coverage, it is not a guarantee, and new homeowners will have to go through a lengthy assessment process to determine eligibility. A substantial difference from Liberty Home Guard where it doesn’t matter how old your home or appliances are, it can still get coverage.
The Bottom Line
Liberty Home Guard offers affordable prices, starting at less than $1.00 per day. The company also provides customizable plans so members can protect what they need to, including optional add-ons for pools, spaces, pest control and floor/carpet cleaning. The provider has an informative website, explaining its home warranty plan and making Liberty Home Guard a worthy option for most homeowners in the states where it’s available.
However, it’s always a good idea to compare competitors’ plans to find the best warranty for your home.