OneGuard Home Warranty is an affordable home warranty company that goes the extra mile for each and every customer. Servicing Texas, Nevada, and Arizona, OneGuard offers additional perks like pest management, window cleaning, utility switching, garage door reprogramming, and much more. Best of all? This A+ rated Better Business Bureau-accredited company approves a staggering 95% of all claims.
OneGuard Home Warranty Overview
- Plan types: Basic Appliances, Basic Systems, Premium
- Pricing: $30, $44, or $56 a month
- Service fees: $69
- Workmanship guarantee: Not stated
- Contract length: 1 year
- BBB rating (Letter): A+
- Home inspection required? No
- States served: Arizona, Nevada, Texas
- Available appliance and system coverage: Refrigerators, Dishwashers, Clothes Dryers, Clothes Washers, Ranges/ Ovens/ Cooktops, Built-in Microwaves, Trash Compactors, Garage Door Openers, Garbage Disposals, Air Conditioning, Heating Electrical, Plumbing, Water Heaters, Instant Hot/ Cold Water Dispensers, Central Vacuums, Smoke Detectors, Doorbells, Ceiling Fans. Optional Add-ons: Pools, Spas, Lawn Sprinklers
|Appliances Covered||Refrigerators, Dishwashers, Clothes Dryers, Clothes Washers, Ranges/ Ovens/ Cooktops, Built-in Microwaves, Trash Compactors, Garage Door Openers, Garbage Disposals||N/A||Refrigerators, Dishwashers, Clothes Dryers, Clothes Washers, Ranges/ Ovens/ Cooktops, Built-in Microwaves, Trash Compactors, Garage Door Openers, Garbage Disposals|
|Systems Covered||N/A||Air Conditioning, Heating Electrical, Plumbing, Water Heaters, Instant Hot/ Cold Water Dispensers, Central Vacuums, Smoke Detectors, Doorbells, Ceiling Fans||Air Conditioning, Heating Electrical, Plumbing, Water Heaters, Instant Hot/ Cold Water Dispensers, Central Vacuums, Smoke Detectors, Doorbells, Ceiling Fans|
Who is this best for?
Consumers in need of affordable monthly plans. It protects every system and appliance you would likely ever need protected, and it gives a host of member benefits to each and every customer.
- Covers pre-existing conditions: Many companies don’t cover any type of pre-existing conditions but OneGuard does.
- Affordable monthly plans: Three affordable plans offered, ranging from $30 to $56.
- Simplifies moving: OneGuard will rekey your new home, reprogram your garage remote, set up your security system, and connect your utilities for you in the event of your move.
- High approval rate: OneGuard approves of over 95% of all claims
- Goes above and beyond: Offers pest control, window cleaning, systems tune-ups, weed control, and much more.
- Limited states covered: OneGuard currently only service Arizona, Nevada, and Texas
- Must use OneGuard technicians: Homeowners that have their own trusted technician must use OneGuard’s repairmen.
|OneGuard Home Warranty||American Home Shield||2-10 Home Buyers Warranty||Home Warranty of America|
|States served||Arizona, Nevada, Texas||Nationwide||Nationwide||Nationwide|
|Service fee||$69||Unlisted||$85-$125||Starts at $75|
|Workmanship guarantee||Not Stated||Yes— 30 days||Not Stated||Not Stated|
|Other||Plans also cover carpet cleaning, window washing, pest control, and weed controlContact customer service 24/7/365 days a yearOnly use screened and tested professionals||Been in business for over 45 yearsHas a network of 15,000 screened professionals24/7 online support||Plans start at $37 a monthPurchase protection when selling or buying a homeBeen in business for over 40 years||Offers two basic plansBeen in business since 1996File a claim 24/7/365 days of the year|
*All information accurate as of 2/9/2020
OneGuard Home Warranty compared to American Home Shield:
Perhaps the biggest rating potential customers should look at is a company’s Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating. American Home Shield currently has a B rating with the BBB, having more than 11,000 complaints filed against the company. OneGuard, on the other hand, has an A+ rating through BBB, which is significantly better. Although, American Home Shield has been in business for 49 years, OneGuard is only 9 years younger and has a decidedly better history of customer satisfaction.
Both OneGuard and American Home Shield only use screened professionals, which is good for their customers. Allowing strangers into your home is a serious and sometimes intimidating prospect, and both companies take appropriate measures to ensure their members are safe.
What truly sets OneGuard apart from American Home Shield are the perks it offers to members. No other home warranty company goes the extra mile like OneGuard does. Whether its window cleaning, pest management, or even garage door reprogramming, OneGuard goes above and beyond for customers.
OneGuard Home Warranty compared to 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty:
In terms of coverage availability, OneGuard struggles in comparison to 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. While 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty offers coverage in all 50 states, OneGuard only offers coverage to three states. If you happen to live in Arizona, Nevada, or Texas though, there are a few reasons to consider OneGuard over 2-10 Home Buyers.
First, OneGuard has cheaper service fees, charging only $69 for each service fee. This means that when a technician comes to your home, you’re only paying $69 out of pocket. 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty charges anywhere from $85 to $125, depending on where you live and what plan you have.
Secondly, OneGuard has a higher rating from the Better Business Bureau, scoring an A+ rating over 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty A rating.
Lastly, 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty doesn’t offer customizable plans like OneGuard does. Customers with OneGuard are able to include optional add-ons to whatever monthly plan they choose. This ensures that all members have the plan that they need and want, and not the plan that simply only checks most of their boxes.
The Bottom Line
OneGuard Home Warranty approves 95% of all claims, has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, fits into most budgets, and offers a range of benefits to each and every member. Get everything protected in your home and enjoy additional perks that only OneGuard Home Warranty can offer among home warranty companies.