Good automation capabilities:
With FrontPoint Security, you have access to quality home automation equipment that enables you to control your lights, thermostat, door locks, and more. All of these can be controlled from your laptop, tablet, or other mobile device. If you're looking to modernize your home and improve your lifestyle, FrontPoint is able to help.
Available Geo services:
Geo services is an opt-in location-based feature provided by FrontPoint and other leading home security companies. Geo services work by sending you alerts based on the proximity to your home, a virtual perimeter, and the rules you establish. For example, you could set a virtual perimeter of one mile around your home and a rule that triggers an alert if you leave the perimeter without arming your system. If you're in a rush and forget to arm your home security system, Geo services sends you a reminder when you leave the pre-defined perimeter. You can then arm the system using your mobile device or through an online portal.
Diverse surveillance options:
While many industry competitors limit available equipment to fixed cameras, FrontPoint Security provides access to fixed cameras, pan-and-tilt cameras, and outdoor cameras. Footage from all of these cameras are streamed to your computer or mobile device. If surveillance is particularly important to you, you'll be pleased with the options provided by FrontPoint.
30-day risk-free trial:
FrontPoint home security's 30-day risk-free trial applies to all systems and monitoring plans. This offer enables you to get firsthand experience with the home security system, and decide if it's the right fit for your circumstances. If you decide the FrontPoint home security system isn't right for you, just ship it back for a full refund.
Competitive cellular pricing:
FrontPoint offers three different pricing plans that range from $34.99 to $49.99 per month. FrontPoint utilizes 100% cellular systems, which operate through wireless technology and therefore provide a level of protection that can't be matched by broadband or landline systems. Although you may see lower rates on some competitor systems, be sure you're comparing cellular monitoring prices, as broadband and landlines are cheaper.
No internal monitoring:
Monitoring for FrontPoint systems is conducted by a company called Rapid Response, while some of the top home security companies provide internal monitoring. You may not care about who is monitoring your home security system as long as the monitoring is thorough. However, when problems arise, it's nice to know you're only working with one company instead of trying to get answers from two.
No snapshot camera capabilities:
Some of the top home security systems provide surveillance equipment capable of recording live footage and taking snapshots. This functionality enables you to take event triggered snapshots and view them on a mobile device or through an online portal. Although FrontPoint does offer access to a variety of home surveillance equipment, they do not include this feature. If a home security system that offers both recorded video and snapshot capabilities is particularly important to you, FrontPoint may not be the right solution.
- Adjust Temperature - You can adjust the temperature of your house remotely.
- Appliance Control - You can remotely turn small appliances on or off using a smartphone or Internet connection.
- Arm/Disarm - You can arm and disarm the security system remotely.
- Change Access Codes - You can change system access codes for different people who may have to enter your home.
- Electronic Door Locks - The company offers electronic door locks that can communicate wirelessly so you are able to lock and unlock your doors from anywhere.
- Event-Triggered Automation - You can set your lights to react to alarm sensors or other events.
- History Log - You can view a logged history of events that have taken place over a specified time period.
- Home Alerts - You can automatically receive alerts from your security system to keep you aware of what is happening in your house when you are not around.
- Lighting Control - You can turn lights on or off using your laptop or smartphone.
- Scheduled Automation - You can set a schedule for lights to be on at specific times of each day.
Monthly Plan: $34.99
Monthly Plan: $42.99
Monthly Plan: $49.99