Fixd Repair is a modern home warranty company that not only comes with affordable protection plans for your home, but also has an app that you can use to file a claim, track your technician’s progress to your home, and view your claim’s status.
Additionally, Fixd only sends in-house technicians to your home that have undergone a thorough background check. Unlike other home warranty companies, Fixd understands that it can be stressful having a stranger come to your home and seems to have made every effort to make it as stress-free as possible.
Fixd Repair Overview
- Plan types: Appliances, Home Systems, Fixd Favorite, Whole Home
- Pricing: $35, $38, $48, $58
- Service fees: Unlisted
- Workmanship guarantee: Yes
- Contract length: Month to month
- BBB rating (Letter): B
- Home inspection required? No
- States served: Arizona, Georgia, Nevada, and Texas
- Available appliance and system coverage: Dishwasher, Garbage Disposal, Trash Compactor, Built-in Microwave, Oven/ Range/ Cooktop, Exhaust Fan, Kitchen Refrigerator (including ice maker), Stand-alone Freezer, Clothes Washer, Clothes Dryer, Wine Refrigerator, Free-standing Ice Maker, Air Conditioning, Electrical Systems, Heating Systems, Plumbing Systems, Spring and Fall HVAC Tune-up
|Appliances||Home Systems||Fixd Favorite||Whole Home|
|Appliances Covered||Dishwasher, Garbage Disposal, Trash Compactor, Built-in Microwave, Oven/ Range/ Cooktop, Exhaust Fan, Kitchen Refrigerator (including ice maker), Stand-alone Freezer, Clothes Washer, Clothes Dryer, Wine Refrigerator, Free-standing Ice Maker||N/A||3 Major Appliances, 3 Small Appliances||7 Major Appliances, 5 Small Appliances|
|Systems Covered||N/A||Air Conditioning, Electrical Systems, Heating Systems, Plumbing Systems, Spring and Fall HVAC Tune-up||Air Conditioning, Electrical Systems, Heating Systems, Plumbing Systems, Spring and Fall HVAC Tune-up||Air Conditioning, Electrical Systems, Heating Systems, Plumbing Systems, Spring and Fall HVAC Tune-up|
Who is this best for?
Fixd Repair is a great option if you happen to live in Texas, Arizona, Georgia, or Nevada because of the safe, in-house technicians. Plus, if you’re on a budget, hardly any home warranty company can beat Fixd’s monthly prices.
- Affordable: Fixd Repair offers plans ranging from $35 to $58 a month for homes less than 6,000 square feet
- Condo options: Fixd also protects condos with monthly plans ranging from $30 to $55 a month
- Transparent Pricing: You always know what you’re going to pay with Fixd. All prices are available for you to see.
- Background checked technicians: Each technician sent to your home has been thoroughly checked for your safety
- App friendly: Schedule a service, track your technician’s progress to your house, and see what progress is being made on your claim
- Coverage limited: Founded four years ago in Texas, Fixd has expanded coverage to residents in Texas, Arizona, Georgia, and Nevada.
- No Add-ons: Fixd Repair currently doesn’t offer its members the options of protecting add-on appliances or systems.
|Fixd Repair||First American Home Warranty||Complete Protection||American Residential Warranty|
|States served||Texas, Arizona, Georgia, and Nevada||Nationwide||All states except Massachusetts, New York, Virginia Washington, and Wisconsin.||Nationwide|
|Workmanship guarantee||Yes||Not stated||Not stated||Not stated|
|Other||Offers both iOS and Android apps. Uses in-house Service Technicians. Pay monthly or annually||Two plans to choose from. Covers all appliances regardless of age. No limit to the number of times you can request service||Four plans to choose from. $0 deductible. No exclusions for unknown pre-existing conditions||2 months free for new members. 6 plans to choose from. Pay either monthly, quarterly, or annually|
*All information accurate as of 2/9/2020.
Fixd Repair compared to First American Home Warranty
Unless you live in one of the four states serviced by Fixd Repair, First American Home Warranty would have to be your choice, as they service the entire country. However, if you live in Texas, Arizona, Georgia, or Nevada and have a choice between Fixd and First American Home Warranty, there are a number of reasons you should consider Fixd.
First, Fixd only works with in-house technicians. They take great precautions when it comes to ensuring their technicians are properly vetted.
Second, Fixd offers four comprehensive and affordable protection plans, but First American only offers two, which are minimal at best. While First American’s plans might cover the essentials, by no means are they exhaustive plans.
Lastly, Fixd keeps up with modern trends. It has an up-to-date app that makes the entire claim process easy and headache-free. You don’t have to log in from a computer — you can do everything from the ease of your smartphone.
Fixd Repair compared to Complete Protection
Like First American Home Warranty, Complete Protection services a much larger area than Fixd Repair does. It also has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. However, Complete Protection has been in business for 21 years, whereas Fixd has only been in business for four. Although Fixd currently has a B rating from the BBB, Fixd stands to improve as it has only had 28 complaints filed against it so far.
What sets Fixd apart is its modern approach to business. With an app that members can use through every step of the claim’s process (including even tracking a technician’s progress to their house), Fixd is clearly focused on giving customers a modern home warranty experience.
Unlike Complete Protection, Fixd only connects you with in-house technicians. These technicians have been thoroughly screened to ensure they are safe and reliable. Complete Protection allows you to choose your own service provider, but lacks one-on-one relationships with technicians. Although picking your own technician can be a perk to some, most prefer the assurance of a vetted technician.
The Bottom Line
Fixd Repair is a great home warranty company if you are on a budget and live in Texas, Arizona, Georgia, or Nevada. Though it doesn’t offer the option to purchase add-on protection, their plans are fairly comprehensive. In addition, the app is a modern touch that makes filing a claim and tracking its progress super easy and intuitive.