The Complete Protection Home Warranty review reveals a lot of interesting benefits that come with the company’s four service plans. Most notably, the home warranty company is extremely transparent when it comes to pricing and terms and conditions. You can find the exact price of each plan and customizations without ever reaching out to a representative.
Additionally, the terms and conditions for the Complete Protection Home Warranty fit on one page. What this means is that it only takes a few minutes to fully understand the ins and outs of your plan and no surprises.
Speaking of customization, Complete Protection lets you add any number of unique appliances to any plan. With the process for doing this clearly laid out, it makes getting the right plan a breeze. Overall, the Complete Protection Home Warranty review showcased a simple and effective choice for protecting your things.
Complete Protection Home Warranty Overview
- Plan types: 4
- Pricing: $45 – $75
- Service fees: No deductible
- Workmanship guarantee: Not listed
- Contract length: No long-term contracts
- BBB rating: A+
- Home inspection required? Reserves the right to request a copy of your home inspection
- States served: 47 states, District of Columbia, and 6 Canadian service areas
- Available appliance and system coverage: By plan or by individual appliance/system
|What’s included||3 appliances, HVAC System and water heater’s plumbing||6 appliances + HVAC System, water heater’s plumbing and a free preventative maintenance check||6 appliances, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, plus a free preventative maintenance check||8 appliances, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, plus a free preventative maintenance check|
Who is this best for?
There are quite a few different groups that the Complete Protection Home Warranty makes sense for. If you’re looking for a simple and transparent home warranty solution, this is a great fit. Also, if you happen to be staying somewhere for less than a year (or might be), the company allows month to month plans, which means you won’t be locked into something you can’t use. Take note—this doesn’t take away from the company being a great option for long-term living situations.
- 24/7 live customer service – The company boasts no automated menus and the ability to get a real agent on the phone in three to four rings every time.
- Clear terms and conditions – Complete Protection Home Warranty has all of its terms and conditions on a single page, which means no wild loopholes or surprises when you need service.
- Choose your own repair service – Get the flexibility to choose the repair service of your choice to fulfill your claim. If you do need some recommendations, the Complete Protection Home Warranty can help with suggestions.
- No stated workmanship guarantee – One thing that seems to be lacking is a transparent workmanship guarantee. Most likely, this is the trade-off for the ability to use your own servicers for repairs.
- Override authorization process – While not a major con, it’s important to point out that you will need to go through an override authorization process if you want to use your own out-of-network service provider. The process seems straightforward but is required to receive reimbursement.
|Complete Protection||One Guard||American Home Shield||Liberty Home Guard|
|States Served||47 states||Arizona, Nevada, and Texas||49 states||42 states|
|Service Fee||Not stated||$69||$75-$125||Varies|
|Workmanship Guarantee||Not stated||Not stated||30 days||60 days|
|Other||24/7 live customer service, short and concise terms and conditions||B rating with BBB, Approves 95% of claims||Customizable plans, Claims to be the first company in home warranties||Multiple payment plans, no required home inspection|
Complete Protection compared to American Home Shield
There’s a lot to unpack when comparing American Home Shield to the Complete Protection Home Warranty review. First, when you look at third party ratings, Complete Protection has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, while American Home Shield only got a B rating. Coverage-wise, both companies service most of the United States, with American Home Shield edging out in front by covering a few more states.
One thing that stands out about Complete Protection is complete transparency in pricing. You’ll know exactly what your plan will cost, including customizations, without even needing to reach out to the company. American Home Shield requires you to reach out to a service representative to get a customized offer.
The last thing to pay attention to is American Home Shield does require a year-long contract, which is fairly standard in the industry. Complete Protection, on the other hand, allows you to purchase service month to month for some added flexibility.
Complete Protection Home Warranty compared to Liberty Home Guard
Another home warranty company to consider with a lot of flexibility is Liberty Home Guard. The company has its plans broken down by appliances, systems, or both. Additionally, you do get a lot of customization options to add any appliance or service you want coverage for. Compared to Complete Protection, this is quite similar, except that all of Complete Protection’s plans cover some appliances and some services.
Pricing-wise, you will need to reach out to Liberty Home Guard for a quote, as the pricing is not as transparent as with Complete Protection. Still, the flexibility in offerings could be something worth looking into.
Comparing coverage areas, Liberty Home Guard services 42 states, while Complete Protection services 47 states, plus the DOC and areas in Canada. The coverage area edge goes to Complete Protection.
The bottom line
If you’re looking for a simple, straightforward, and affordable home warranty, Complete Protection Services should be on your shortlist. The company offers four plans to choose from, as well as plenty of ways to customize these plans with transparent pricing. Overall, the company is a fantastic option for homeowners and comes with an A+ rating from the BBB.